•  

November 24, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Earthquake hits Middle East, no thoughts and prayers

By | Nov 15, 2017

More than 400 people died in a 7.3 magnitude earthquake that hit Iran and Iraq on Nov. 12.

Too soon?

By | Nov 8, 2017

The lives lost on Nov. 5 add to the 13,181 deaths due to gun violence as a whole in the U.S. this year alone, but it is still too soon to politicize their death.

Manus refugees remain in limbo

By | Nov 1, 2017

Housing barracks were shut off, making the 600 refugees of the detention center cram up together in reduced living spaces.

Austria goes right

By | Oct 25, 2017

In 2016, there was a public concern for far-right policies and parties taking over the United States and the imminent European elections in 2017.

Remembering El Che

By | Oct 11, 2017

Oct. 9 marked 50 years since Ernesto “Che” Guevara was shot and killed in a CIA operation in Bolivia.

Sovereignty vs. self-determination

By | Sep 27, 2017

The tension between national sovereignty and self-determination has always been at the heart of democratic principles, but both cannot be found within the same borders.

The Caribbean prepares for Maria

By | Sep 20, 2017

The United States has been the most active in sending aid into the Caribbean — all places except Cuba.

Heightened tensions lead to mass exodus

By | Sep 12, 2017

Punching a marginalized community when they’re down to keep them down is simply cowardly and a manifestation of fear, fear of difference.

Harvey leaves undocumented immigrants high and dry

By | Sep 6, 2017

In the long term, however, undocumented immigrants in Houston are far from protected.

Latin America rejects U.S. military intervention

By | Aug 30, 2017

Under the radar of most news sites, Vice President Mike Pence made his way down to Colombia to begin a week-long trip to Latin America that was later cut short.

Help the Venezuelan people, not your ego

By | May 3, 2017

While most of the world turns its back on Latin American politics and focuses on the Middle East, the beginning of a dictatorship and civil war brews in Venezuela.  

History repeats itself

By | Apr 19, 2017

What most newscasts or articles are missing, however, is that attacking another country’s military bases is an act of war.