•  

October 16, 2018   |   Ithaca, NY

Civil unrest in Nicaragua

By | May 2, 2018

The government has turned its back on its people, more than that, it has brutally killed those who are protesting against its social security reforms.

Cuba gets a new president

By | Apr 24, 2018

The Cuban model is no longer just an effect of Castro’s regime but a transgenerational economic model.

Arab League forgets Syria

By | Apr 18, 2018

The U.S.-led airstrike is another of countless bouts of masculine insecurity manifested in foreign policy decisions.

Remembering MLK 50 years later

By | Apr 11, 2018

He was starting to attack enterprises, corporations and structural capitalism, a feat that some say got him killed.

In memory of Marielle Franco

By | Mar 21, 2018

Marielle Franco was assassinated March 14 in her car after leaving an event that she organized for the empowerment of black women. She was targeted.

Refugee crisis in Latin America is getting worse

By | Mar 6, 2018

Latin America’s response — turning a blind eye —  is further empowering Maduro’s regime.

Global thought is moving right

By | Feb 28, 2018

This shift — weeds — grows from systemic issues that were never uprooted from countries’ turbulent histories.

Remembering the Syrian War

By | Feb 23, 2018

Just knowing that human rights atrocities are happening is not enough to make a case-and-point argument to intervene and tackle the problem.

Path to citizenship

By | Jan 31, 2018

The U.S. has never been the be-all and end-all for what democracy should represent, and that has become clear through the mere consideration of this deal.

Separation of Church and State

By | Jan 25, 2018

What is actually at stake is whether or not the people of Colombia will break the traditional model of conservatism imposed by the country’s massive cultural ties to religion.

Stacking tensions

By | Dec 13, 2017

Since the creation of Israel, the U.S. has financially and militarily aided Israel as a commitment to foster democracy and economic growth in the region.

Refugees auctioned into slavery

By | Nov 29, 2017

Hundreds of people are being auctioned off for as low as $400 in nine markets around the country, but there is speculation that there are many more markets.