•  

September 29, 2016   |   Ithaca, NY

Review: Trance-like sounds illuminate album

By | May 3, 2016

“The Ship” is an engrossing and challenging release from Eno, who has rendered, in just over 47 minutes, what sounds like an audio dream sequence. Richly nuanced, “The Ship” is as quiet as it is grand and cinematic and as fulfilling as it is odd.

Review: Tacocat’s punk-rock style impresses fans

By | Apr 4, 2016

The Seattle-based feminist pop-rock quartet revels in its ’90s-punk, Riot grrrl stylings, enthusiastically wearing its old-school influences on its sleeves. This is ultimately what makes “Lost Time,” the group’s third album, as enjoyable as it is.

Latest Ithaca restaurant serves up quality eats

By | Feb 15, 2016

The Rook, which offers casual, modern-American dining, is the newest addition to Ithaca’s food scene.

Commentary: Campus dialogue has been lost in activism

By | Nov 19, 2015

I fear we are in danger of losing sight of the essential, critical dimensions of argument.

On the right track: Bike culture at Ithaca College

By | Sep 16, 2015

Student cyclists travel sustainably across campus and beyond.

‘Humans of New York’ photographer to speak at Cornell

By | Sep 9, 2015

Brandon Stanton, who runs the popular photo blog “Humans of New York,” is coming to speak at Cornell University.

Review: Fourth ‘Mad Max’ film explosive in both its thrilling action and strong narrative

By | May 29, 2015

“Mad Max” delivers a concentrated, two-hour dose of blood, flames and explosions that is thrilling, satisfying and most importantly, outrageously entertaining.

En Garde

By | Apr 29, 2015

Adam Crown, M.A. ’91, in all his frustration, is walking a cup of tea to the table.

Q&A: Comedian Alingon Mitra to perform at Ithaca College

By | Apr 14, 2015

Following recent performances on “Conan” and “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson,” stand-up comedian Alingon Mitra will be visiting Ithaca College at 8 p.m. April 16 to perform his comedy in IC Square.

Downtown Ithaca offers array of specialized music stores

By | Apr 1, 2015

For those looking to find an instrument, downtown Ithaca has no shortage of places to shop at.

Paw Enforcement

By | Apr 1, 2015

Bert, the first K-9 unit with Ithaca Police Department in almost a decade, finds his home in the Ithaca community.

Review: Electric duo’s album creates ‘Another Eternity’ in half an hour

By | Mar 17, 2015

Purity Ring returns with a 35-minute album that crosses genre boundaries with electric intensity.