•  

August 23, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Sports seasons impact athletes’ summer plans

By | May 3, 2017

Athletes whose teams make it into tournament play stay behind on campus until the end of the season, which can possibly effect internships and jobs.

Tompkins County votes to raise tobacco purchasing age to 21

By | Apr 25, 2017

The Tobacco 21 bill would not make it illegal for those under the age of 21 to consume or possess tobacco, only to purchase it.

Playing multiple games has a mental and physical impact

By | Apr 19, 2017

The baseball and club softball teams have a physical and emotional impact from playing double- and tripleheaders.

Ithaca College body camera policy released

By | Apr 12, 2017

Ithaca College Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management announced that the body camera policy is now complete.

Varying temperatures impact athletic performance and health

By | Mar 29, 2017

Student-athletes who participate in outdoor sports have a hard time adjusting to weather conditions that could affect performance and health.

Women’s lacrosse shuts out Elmira College 18–0

By | Mar 28, 2017

Women’s lacrosse team played at home, shutting out Empire 8 rivals Elmira College by the score of 18–0.

Women’s lacrosse defeats Alfred University 26–2

By | Mar 26, 2017

Women’s lacrosse team played home against Alfred University in an Empire 8 conference showdown defeating the Saxons 26–2.

Senior chases her third national throwing title

By | Mar 6, 2017

Senior Brandy Smith is first outdoor track and field national champion in the college’s history and has won two national titles.

Men’s track and field chases Empire 8 Championship title

By | Mar 1, 2017

The men’s track and field team is looking to avenge its second-place finish at last year’s Outdoor Empire 8 Championship.

Women’s Lacrosse wins home season opener against Skidmore

By | Feb 25, 2017

The Ithaca College women’s lacrosse team defeated Skidmore College 12–9 in their home season opener on Feb. 25.

Ithaca College swim teams maximize performance through tapering

By | Feb 13, 2017

The men’s and women’s swimming and diving team uses taper, a technique that involves reducing yardage and practice time, to prepare for big meets.