$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s lacrosse team picks up fifth win of season

The Ithaca College men’s lacrosse team continued its impressive start to the season, dispatching the Babson College Beavers 15–7 March 17 in Tampa, Florida, to improve its record to 5–1.

The game was the second game the Bombers played in Tampa this week, winning the opener March 15 over Colorado College, 19–3.

Sophomore attackman Jake Cotton and senior captain Michael Walker netted hat tricks for the South Hill squad, while freshman midfielder Josh Della Puca and sophomore midfielder Stephen Morrell each scored twice.

The Bombers got off to a slow start in the game, giving up three unanswered goals within the first 10 minutes, before freshman attackman Will Witter found freshman midfielder Owen Smith for the Bombers opening goal with 1:30 left in the first.

The Bombers entered the second period down 3–1, but picked up where they left off in the first quarter, getting a goal through Walker on a man-up opportunity.

The Bombers resilience was tested by Babson, who responded with two goals in the second quarter by senior midfielder Scott Doten and junior attackman Connor Flaherty within the next five minutes to regain their three-goal lead at 5–2.

It was at this point where Morrell took matters into his own hands and scored two unassisted goals to bring the Bombers within one goal heading into halftime.

The Bombers turned it around in the third quarter, exploding for seven goals and only giving up one. Sophomores David Drozjock and Della Puca, freshman attackman Connor Hulme, senior captain and defenseman Eli Gobrecht and Cotton found the net to give the Bombers the 11–6 lead at the end of three quarters.

The fourth quarter saw the Bombers second half domination continue as the Blue and Gold tacked on four more goals and only gave up one, riding it out to claim the game  15–7.

Senior goalkeeper Scott Sidnam snagged the win and earned 11 saves on the night.

The Bombers next game will take place at 4 p.m. March 23 when they travel to SUNY Oneonta for a showdown with the Red Dragons.

$1495
$2000