$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Weekend preview: Fall sports prepare for big competitions

SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN
Sophomore John Blake runs with two alumni during the Jannette Bonrouhi-Zakiam Memorial Alumni Run on Sept. 3 on Upper Terrace Field. The men’s and women’s cross country teams will run in the NCAA Atlantic Region Championship at 11 a.m. Nov. 12 in Glassboro, New Jersey

While much attention is focused on the 58th annual Cortaca Jug Nov. 12, many other varsity sports teams are preparing for important regular and postseason games.

The football team will play in its biggest game of the year as it heads to Cortland to contest for the Cortaca Jug. The game, which is also head coach Mike Welch’s last game before he retires, will be at noon Nov. 12.

The volleyball team will begin its NCAA National Championship journey Nov. 11, when it will play against Middlebury College in Brockport, New York. The Bombers earned an automatic bid to the National Championships after defeating Stevens Institute of Technology in the Empire 8 Championship Nov. 6.

The men’s and women’s cross-country teams will run in the NCAA Atlantic Region Championship at 11 a.m. Nov. 12 in Glassboro, New Jersey, where they will attempt to qualify for the NCAA National Championships.

Men’s and women’s swimming and diving will host Le Moyne College Nov. 11 in the Athletics and Events Center. The women’s team is currently undefeated.

Wrestling will compete in its second meet of the year at the Journeymen Collegiate Classic Nov. 13. The team won the Ithaca Invitational and had six individuals take home individual titles Nov. 4–5.

Men’s crew will race in two races to conclude its season: the Frostbite Regatta Nov. 12 and the Braxton Memorial Regatta Nov. 13.

• Football will play SUNY Cortland at noon Nov. 12 in Cortland.
  • Volleyball will play Middlebury College Nov. 11 in Brockport, New York.
  • Men’s and women’s cross-country will run in the NCAA Atlantic Region Championship at 11 a.m. Nov. 12 in Glassboro, New Jersey.
  • Men’s and women’s swimming will compete against Le Moyne College at 7 p.m. Nov. 11 in the Athletics and Events Center.
  • Wrestling will compete in the Journeymen Collegiate Classic at 9 a.m. Nov. 13 in Troy, New York.
  • Men’s crew will race Frostbite Regatta at 1 p.m. Nov. 12 in Mercer, New Jersey, and the Braxton Memorial Regatta at 9 a.m. Nov. 12 in Mercer, New Jersey.

Men’s crew will race Frostbite Regatta at 1 p.m. Nov. 12 in Mercer, New Jersey, and the Braxton Memorial Regatta at 9 a.m. Nov. 12 in Mercer, New Jersey.

$1520
$2000