$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Manual lottery returns after Web site problems

Housing selection for Circle Apartments, Garden Apartments and Terrace Suites on HomerConnect will return to a manual paper application and selection process, said Jen Richardson, assistant director for Housing Services and Communication.

The housing selection timeline has been pushed back because of the problems. Paper applications were made available in the Office of Residential Life on Tuesday, and the assignment process will continue until April 11.

Selection for Emerson Hall, single, double and triple rooms will continue through HomerConnect in April, Richardson said.

Richardson said the problem was the volume of students signing on to select housing for next year.

“The highest volume of students were all vying for the apartments,” she said.

The system, which is new this year, was designed and set up by Information Technology Services as an addition to HomerConnect. It was put into place to improve the housing selection process and, along with online registration, was suggested to Residential Life by students, said Richardson.

“It is something that has been completely home-grown,” she said.

David Weil, director for Web, systems and departmental services for ITS, said the system is designed to be user-friendly and offer students a great deal of flexibility.

Despite the setbacks, Richardson and Weil said they hope to use the online system for all housing selections again as soon as the fall.

$1520
$2000