$1620
$2000

$1620
$2000

$1620
$2000

$1620
$2000

Women’s soccer: Bombers rally for 2-1 win

The women’s soccer team rallied Wednesday, behind two goals from sophomore forward Rachael Palladino, for a 2-1 win against Misericordia University.

The Blue and Gold fell behind 1-0 in the 28th minute when sophomore forward Sam Helmstetter took a pass from sophomore midfielder Laura Roney and ripped the shot inside the right post.

Just eight minutes after the Cougars took the lead, Palladino struck back with a header goal from two yards out off a pass from sophomore midfielder Caroline Jastremski to tie the game at one. Neither team managed to score again before halftime.

The Bombers were in danger of tying their first game of the season before Palladino struck again in the 82nd minute. Taking a lead pass from freshman forward Ellyn Grant-Keane, Palladino scored the breakaway for her team-leading 11th goal of the season.

Palladino now has 23 goals for the Blue and Gold just seven games into her second year on the team, and is ranked 11th all-time on the Bomber’s scoring list.

The team will next play on Saturday October 9th at Alfred University. Last season, the Blue and Gold dismantled the Saxons 6-0 at home. The team is now 7–2 this season and ranked 10th by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.

$1620
$2000