$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Japan’s Health Crisis

Many in Japan are suffering from radiation exposure. Some believe this is the fault of Japan’s government’s lack of an evacuation plan and a “declaration of safety”. However, now in this time of crisis, the focus should be not where to place the blame but the rather on the health concerns of an entire nation. Radiation is energy that travels in the form of waves or high-speed particles. When exposed to small amounts of radiation over a long period of time raises the risk of cancer.  When exposed to large amounts of radiation over a small period of time can cause radiation sickness: nausea, weakness, hair loss, skin burns and reduced organ function. If the exposure is large enough, it can cause premature aging or even death. This is an epidemic affecting the people of Japan right now.

Nuclear disasters are not only environmental, but affect the health of generations to come. Unfortunately, because of the destruction the earthquake has left, many will be impoverished and forced to stay in the radiation-exposed areas, causing further health problems.

$1520
$2000