$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Softball: Bats come alive and end RIT’s win streak

Ithaca softball lost their fourth one-run game this season before snapping Rochester Institute of Technology’s six-game winning streak in the second game of this afternoon’s doubleheader. The Bombers dropped Game 1 by a score of 3–2, but came back strong in Game 2 with an 8–1 win. The team currently stands third with an Empire 8 conference record of 4–2 and an overall mark of 14–6.

Senior pitcher Allison Greaney went the distance for the South Hill squad, surrendering seven hits and striking out seven batters in the complete game effort. The Bombers backed up her performance with just five hits, all of which were singles.

The offense came alive in the second game, pounding five extra base hits, one of which came from sophomore first baseman Carianne D’Alessandro. D’Alessandro also scored two of Ithaca’s eight runs.

Senior pitcher and outfielder Britt Lillie chipped in with a home run and a stolen base. She also pitched six scoreless innings without walking a batter and benefited from a strong Ithaca defense that had no errors for the third time this season.

The Blue and Gold will host Oneonta at 3 p.m. Wednesday for a doubleheader at Kostrinsky Field.

$1520
$2000