$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Softball: Bombers continue offensive surge at Utica

The Bombers scored 10 runs in each game of a doubleheader at Utica College today, getting a five-inning shutout in game one followed by a 10–4 win in game two.

The Blue and Gold drew five walks in the first game, and all five base runners eventually scored. They scored runs in the first three innings. Senior first baseman Courtney Noster had a two-out, two-run single in the first inning and hit her first career home run in the fifth inning, which decided the game due to the scoring margin.

Freshman pitcher Jillian Olmstead threw her first career complete game shutout, allowing just one hit and striking out three.

Olmstead also started game two, but senior pitcher Britt Lillie earned the win, her eighth of the year, by throwing 5 1/3 innings of relief.

Home runs from freshman designated player Jackie Branco as well as senior pitcher and third baseman Allison Greaney were responsible for nearly half the Bombers’ runs. Sophomore outfielder Jen Biondi went 3-for-5 at the plate with two RBIs.

The South Hill Squad will go up against another Empire 8 conference opponent in the Elmira College Soaring Eagles at 1.p.m today at Kostrinsky Field.

$1520
$2000