$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Volleyball: Team wins Lycoming Tip-Off Classic to get over .500 mark

The volleyball team won its first tournament of the season and senior outside hitter Jessica Hoeffner was named tournament MVP at the Lycoming Tip-Off Classic.

The Bombers dispatched host Lycoming College and McDaniel College in straight sets yesterday, then kept the momentum rolling today, defeating Misericordia University 3-1 and Lycoming College for the second time 3-2.

The Blue and Gold’s four straight victories brought their overall record to 13–11, marking the first time the team is over .500 this season.

Senior middle blocker Kate Thoene led the Bombers in kills and blocks today, tallying 41 kills and 14 blocks in the two matches. Senior middle blocker Karin Edsall dished out 39 assists against Misericordia, and tied her career high with 56 in the championship match.

The South Hill squad returns to action next weekend at 6 p.m. with the Ithaca Invitational at Ben Light Gymnasium. The Bombers will start the evening by taking on Kean University.

$1520
$2000