$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s Basketball: Bombers capture home opener against SUNY IT

The women’s basketball team (3–0) is off to its best start in more than a decade as it defeated SUNY Institute of Technology (0—1) in its home opener yesterday.

The Bombers have now won three straight en route to their first 3–0 start since the 1997-98 season. Senior guard Jessica Farley led the Blue and Gold’s offensive attack with 17 points, eight steals and seven rebounds, while junior forward Devin Shea added a career-best 16 points.

The South Hill squad scored the opening basket and led the rest of the way. They held a slim 20-17 lead with 4:14 remaining in the first half before going on a 13-4 run to take a commanding 12-point lead going into halftime.

SUNY IT guard Lyndsey Brognano led all scorers with 28 points while making nine of her 12  field goal attempts for the Wildcats.

The Bombers will have an extended break for the Thanksgiving holiday before traveling to SUNY-Potsdam to take on the Bears in a 2 p.m. matchup Sunday.

$1520
$2000