$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Looking forward…

This week kicks off New York Fashion Week, one of many international design showcases for the fashion trends for the upcoming fall and winter seasons. But for those purchasing their clothing off the racks, the thought of buying fall clothes before spring weather has even begun in Ithaca can be daunting. However, specific statement pieces for these spring can act as investment pieces for next fall. By choosing key pieces, transitioning spring pieces to fall can be a cinch.

A sheer tie-front top: choose a lady-like tie-front top in a sheer fabric like chiffon or gauze. Neutrals like black or cream will go with everything, while floral prints are girly and playful. In the spring, pair it with a pair of high-waisted denim shorts or white denim. Transition it to fall with wide-leg jeans, v-neck button-down cardigans and slim fitted pencil skirts.

Peplum detailing: peplums are the latest trend for spring and there is no doubt that their popularity will continue into the fall. A peplum is a ruffle that flares out and  cascades from a cinched waist, which emphasizes the slimness of the waist. Look for jackets and blazers that are cinched at the waist, as well as skirts and dresses with this detailing. It’s a classic silhouette with a sassy twist. In the spring, a peplum can look flirty, while in the fall, it can be intensified with a skinny belt and short cardigan.

Pastel and neon shades: two polar ends of the spectrum for spring shades are the trendiest choices for spring, neon and pastels. Electric coral paired with a cool and creamy minty teal can be a fresh combo for spring as long as the rest of the outfit stays neutral. To successfully transition the outfit to fall, pair a neon with neutral and classic colors. A neon coral cardigan with a navy skirt and leopard print flats tones down the brights while keeping things playful. Try pairing pastels with dark neutrals, like black skinny jeans with a pale pink shirt. Adding a touch of chambray in the form of a button-down casually and deftly transitions it to fall.

$1520
$2000