$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s Indoor Track: Dewart sets school record to repeat as national champion in pentathlon

Senior Emma Dewart became a two-time champion in the pentathlon by earning a school record 3,674 points on Friday at the NCAA 2012 Indoor Track and Field Championships in Grinnell, Iowa. The Blue and Gold finished 13th overall, the third highest national finish in the program’s history.

Dewart, a 10 time all-American, became the most decorated athlete in the program history and one of total 20 Bombers who have combined to win 27 individual national championships since 1983.

Dewart’s 3,674 points rank as the second highest in Division III women’s track and field history and best all-time in program history. She tied her season best in the high jump with a clear of 1.68 meters and set season bests of 9.85 meters in the shot put and a time of 2:27:14 in the 800-meter run. She won the high and long jumps, finished second in the 60-meter hurdles, third in the 800-meter run and earned eighth place in the shot put. She received a pair of All-American finishes on the day by placing in the open high jump with a clear of 1.65 meters, which put her in a three-way tie for seventh place.

Senior Jessica Hoeffner finished 13th in the weight throw during her NCAA debut. After setting the school record with a 17.03 meter heave at the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships on March 2-3 in New York City, Hoeffner ended her indoor season with a mark of 16.30 meters.

Junior Jenn Randall raced in the mile run and registered a time of 5:09.18, which was good enough for 14th place in the event.

$1520
$2000