$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Men’s Lacrosse: Bombers remain unbeaten after spring trip to Virginia

If the men’s lacrosse team was to script its spring break trip to Newport News, Va., it would not have come out as well as it did in reality.

The South Hill squad won all three of its games over the weeklong trip. Christopher Newport University hosted the Bombers, who faced SUNY-Plattsburgh and New England College in addition to the Christopher Newport Captains.

After an even first half against New England on Monday, the Pilgrims lead 7-6. The Bombers would allow only two goals in the second half en route to a 14-9 win.  Freshman attack James Manilla and sophomore attack Pat Slawta scored three goals apiece, while senior goalie Brendan Green made 17 saves.

Another high powered second half performance by the Bombers’ defense proved to be the difference in their 10-5 win against Plattsburgh on Thursday. Five second period goals helped the Bombers take a 7-3 lead at halftime against the Cardinals.  Manilla, Slawta, and Green proved to be instrumental in the win once again, as Manilla scored three goals, Slawta scored four and Green set a career high with 18 saves.

The week concluded yesterday morning, as the Bombers cruised to a 13-3 win against the host CNU Captains. Two goals from senior midfielder Brian DiBetta were part of a five-goal second period that gave the Bombers a 6-1 lead at halftime.  Senior attack Tom Mongelli led all scorers with five goals, improving his total to a team-leading 14 in four games.

The Bombers return to Central New York with a 4—0 record and will travel to SUNY- Oneonta on Wednesday for a matchup with the Red Dragons. The Red Dragons are 1-2 entering a meeting with the Seahawks of St. Mary’s College of Maryland this afternoon.

$1520
$2000