$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Five returning fall TV shows not to miss

Welcome to “Behind the Screens,” a blog that delves into the latest and greatest of television news, events and on-screen moments. I hope you stick with me through what’s bound to be a jaw-dropping TV season!

Since we are so close to the start of the fall season, here’s a quick list of five returning series you should be excited for.

1. American Horror Story

Last fall, Ryan Murphy’s new series spooked and delighted viewers — enough to earn 17 Emmy nominations. While the characters and storyline are completely new (each season is a new miniseries), the Ryan Murphy-style crazy is definitely worth watching.

2. Once Upon a Time

Okay, I admit, this is on here because I’m a sucker for fairy tales. The first season was a little shaky (though it finally put Giancarlo Esposito on one of the big four networks), but the season finale cliffhanger promises to shake up the show for the better. And Emilie de Ravin as a series regular? Yes, please.

3. How I Met Your Mother

I don’t really think I have to justify this, but if I did, I would say that this primetime comedy is legen — wait for it — DARY!

4. Happy Endings

This show is quietly premiering in October, but it’s one of the smartest and most underrated comedies on television. “Happy Endings” features “Saturday Night Live” veteran Casey Wilson, but the whole ensemble is a comedy powerhouse.

5. The Voice

Say what you will about reality television, but this show put a unique spin on the traditional talent search formula popularized by “American Idol.” The judges have great chemistry and this new season is bound to be as exciting as the last.

So there’s my list, readers. What shows are on yours?

$1520
$2000