$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Emmy 2012 prediction: Best comedy series

With the 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards Ceremony coming up on this Sunday, September 23, I figured I would throw my hat into the ring and make my own Emmy predictions.

Here are the “outstanding comedy series” nominees:

“Girls” (HBO)

“Veep” (HBO)

“The Big Bang Theory” (CBS)

“Modern Family” (ABC)

“30 Rock” (NBC)

“Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO)

A few of these shows, namely “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “30 Rock,” and “The Big Bang Theory,” are standard nominees. The shows have proven to be funny time and time again, but none of these shows did anything really out of the box and it’s highly unlikely that any of these shows will win.

The two new nominees are “Veep” and “Girls,” which both premiered last TV season. “Veep” was a surprised nominee and, despite its critical acclaim, probably won’t win.   Julia Louis-Dreyfus could easily snag a “outstanding lead actress” award.

“Girls” could be a dark horse contender, but some are concerned with the show’s small number of episodes. Compared to other nominees that have 20+ episodes per season, “Girls” looks like a show that hasn’t come into its own yet.

So, unsurprisingly, it looks like “Modern Family” will earn yet another Emmy. This isn’t a bad thing, but many were hoping that FX’s “Louie” would sweep this category.  “Louie” did not get nominated for “outstanding comedy series,” but in the alternate universe where it did, it definitely won.

$1520
$2000