$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

“Avengers” show will be headlined by unlikely actor

So you’ve seen “The Avengers,” right? No need to answer — since it’s the third-highest grossing film of all time, I’m just going to assume your answer is yes.

One of my first blog posts was regarding Joss Whedon’s new television project, an “Avengers” spinoff that focuses on the military organization S.H.I.E.L.D. In the Marvel movie-verse, Nick Fury (played by Samuel Jackson) and Agent Phil Coulson (played by Clark Gregg) were the two main representatives of S.H.I.E.L.D., and  — as you probably already know — fan favorite Coulson did not survive “The Avengers.”

Right?

Actually, wrong. At New York Comic Con last weekend, Joss Whedon announced that Clark Gregg will be headlining the new S.H.I.E.L.D. show. This basically means that not only did Agent Coulson not die in “The Avengers” — a huge plot point in the film — but that Joss Whedon will have to provide a logical reason for Coulson to have survived the movie.

The most prominent Internet theory is that Agent Coulson is not a regular human, but is, in fact, a synthezoid called The Vision. In the comics, The Vision is a weaponized cyborg created by the villainous robot Ultron and later a member of The Avengers team.

There is no solid proof that Coulson’s character is The Vision, but fans speculate that the mention of life model decoys in both “Captain America: The First Avenger” and “Iron Man 2” is a hint to Coulson’s reveal as The Vision.

Whatever the reason for Coulson’s survival, the most important part is that Phil Coulson is still alive. As far as film/television news goes, this is probably the best news I’ll hear through Thanksgiving.

$1520
$2000