$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s basketball adds another big conference win to its record

AIDAN CHARDE
Senior guard Natalie Smith drives the ball up the court against the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Engineers on Jan. 28.

The Ithaca College women’s basketball team took on the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Engineers on Jan. 28 in an aggressive battle for the win. The Bombers took the lead by 20 points and won 59–39.

The Bombers took on the challenge of only having nine players able to play, with seven of their other players injured. It was a tiring game, with only four players on the side waiting to sub in. 

The first quarter was a rough one for both teams. RPI lost control of the ball a couple of times, while the Bombers were not able to get the ball into the net. The Engineers forced the Bombers to work hard on offense, which they were very successful in — limiting the Bombers to nine points, but only scoring nine for themselves.

Senior forward Emily Dorn truly stood out. Not only did she have strong defense, but she added 20 points for her team in the game. 

“I think we did really well, as a team, especially since we do not have as many subs.” said Dorn. “I am happy with my performance as well.”

With points scored by senior guard Camryn Coffey, junior guard Hannah Polce and senior guard Natalie Smith, the Bombers were able to have a flourishing first half and went into the break leading 29–20.

The Bombers absolutely dominated the second half of the game. Dorn added 12 of her 20 points in the half, while also tallying a pair of assists. Coffey added eight of her own in the half to help the Bombers run away with the game.

RPI struggled to do their job on both sides of the court, being outscored 30–19 in the half. The Bombers were able to finish the game with a 20-point advantage, winning the game 59–39. 

The Bombers’ next game is at 5:30 Feb. 3 in the Ben Light Gymnasium against Union College.

$1520
$2000