$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Review: Thrilling action carries weak plot

Once again, Jason Statham proves his unwavering ability to portray the classic, rough-around-the-edges character in his most recent endeavor in the action-packed film “Homefront.” Written and produced by Sylvester Stallone, “Homefront” is a throwback to action films of the ’80s. With a definite resemblance to “Commando,” “Homefront” will entertain audiences as a combat film that takes no effort to enjoy.

Statham’s character, Phil Broker, is a retired Drug Enforcement Administration agent who moves to a small town in Louisiana to raise his 9-year-old daughter, Maddy (Izabela Vidovic). However, his dangerous past catches up to him when local meth-trafficker Gator Bodine  (James Franco) discovers Broker’s background after an altercation between Gator’s nephew and Maddy. In hopes of expanding his business, Bodine reveals Broker to Broker’s former enemies, and soon tensions rise and animosity follows.

Though all of the actors have clear chemistry, it isn’t enough to put this movie at the top of the box office. The predictable plot development creates a film that lacks originality and depth. The audience will be entertained by the commotion and fast pace of the film, but “Homefront” will not leave a lasting impression.

Despite its obvious flaws, “Homefront” is a must-see for fans of exhilarating, suspenseful and traditional action films. The pure brutality of the movie will leave the audience wiping the sweat from its palms as it exits the theater.

$1495
$2000