$1275
$2000

A Garden with a good vibe

Perhaps some of the greatest aspects of the wonderful Ithaca area are the gardens. We aren’t just talking about those pots on porches with a few herbs in them (though they are perfect for a rented college house), we are talking gardens of epic proportions. Take a stroll down by the Ithaca College Organic Garden right now and it is overflowing with beautiful, delectable looking fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Or drive over to Cornell and enjoy the site of their giant “garden,” aka orchards of apples, plums, and peaches. But would you like to know my personal favorite? The Ithaca Children’s Garden.

Located in Cass Park, on the Cayuga Lake inlet, sits a large turtle, exquisit trellises, hand crafted benches, a labyrinth, and a strawbale troll house, among other amazing pieces. As if these things don’t give you an amazing vibe already, add in the sound of children’s laughter and the sight of smiles on countless volunteer’s faces. It’s always an experience to go. Don’t believe me? Why don’t you find out for yourself!

The garden is always looking for volunteers to help with maintenance and workshops. But if you are looking for something specific to get a feel for it, this weekend is your chance! This Sunday, from 1 to 2:30 pm, the Cornell Educational Resource for International Studies is going to be bring to light their six international food plots. Want to know the best part? Free food! Ok, so it is probably for kids since it is a Children’s Garden, but if you are really interested in becoming a volunteer or seeing the smiles, check it out. Or shoot Leigh an email at [email protected].

$1275
$2000