$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Biggest surprises of the 2012 Emmys

Out of all the televised award shows, the Emmys are my favorite. I know that opinions regarding the ceremony are mixed, but the Emmys didn’t disappoint this year.

Damian Lewis wins best lead actor in a drama series.

The biggest Emmy surprise was, in a word, “Homeland.”  The Showtime drama took home best lead actress in a drama (Claire Danes), best lead actor in a drama (Damian Lewis) and best drama series. “Homeland” upset two of the night’s strongest contenders, “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad,” not an easy feat.

Jon Cryer of “Two and a Half Men” took home the award for best lead actor in a comedy, which surprised many — including himself. Many expected the award to go to Jim Parsons, a consecutive two-time winner, or were hoping that it would go to Louis C.K.

And was I the only one that actually liked the opening? I thought Jimmy Kimmel was a great host! True, he turned the ceremony into an extended version of his talk show, but I have zero problem with that. The taped sketches were hilarious, and TV aficionados like myself appreciated Kimmel’s subtle references to past ceremonies.

You can find a complete list of Emmy winners here.

$1375
$2000