$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Donald Glover signals the end of “Community”?

Forget having Troy Barnes on NBC. The network is much more interested in the man behind the role.

It was announced yesterday that Donald Glover is producing a new comedy for NBC loosely-based on his life. Producers Matt Hubbard (30 Rock), Peter Traugott and Rachel Kaplan are attached to the project.

This is awesome news, but it comes with a price. With a regular role on “Community” and his musical act Childish Gambino, does Glover have enough time to work on another project?

The Donald Glover project, currently untitled, is said to be in second position to “Community” and is supposedly a starring vehicle for the actor – a.k.a. it doesn’t sound like Glover will have enough time for both projects.

But NBC is definitely putting this project on-screen, otherwise the network will have to pay a heavy fine, and this leaves two lingering questions:

1. Will Glover leave “Community?”
  2. Is this NBC’s subtle way of cancelling the cult-favorite comedy?

“Community” is moving to Fridays this fall, considered the “death slot” for many TV shows. I highly doubt that “Community” will release one of its most popular actors (what will happen to “Troy and Abed in the Morning”?!?!), so unforuntaely, I think the answer to the second question is yes.

Of course, it’s too soon to tell. Here’s hoping that “Community” kills it in the ratings!

$1495
$2000