$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Emmys 2012 Fashion: Red Carpet Recap

Fearless fashion and long lengths were the style themes for television’s biggest night; here’s a recap of the best and worst of Emmy fashion.

image via Huffington Post

I love newcomer Lena Dunham’s Emmy look and that has nothing to do with the fact that I’m obsessed with Girls; with a new pixie hair cut and dramatic, smoky eye make-up, she was wise to pair it with a classic and feminine Prada dress.

image via Huffington Post

January Jones of Mad Men went daring with an intimidatingly gorgeous black Zac Posen; the geometric shape was toned down by the sheer black organza for a show stopping look. Fat Betty who?

image via Huffington Post

Who’s that girl? Zooey Deschanel played up her retro-inspired girliness to perfection with a pale blue Reem Acra number that matched her manic pixie girl status and notoriously feminine style.

However, not everyone had red carpet wins.

Former Friday Night Lights darling Connie Britton appeared as though she was channeling her new character on Nashville with a spangly, ill-fitting halter and shellacked June-Cleaver-esque hair.

image via Perez Hilton

Ashley Judd also hit a low with her high-to-the-sky beehive. Her fussy purple dress seemed more prom than red carpet and aged Ashley beyond her years.

Sofia Vergara, however, took the cake for wardrobe newsworthiness of the night. Her va-va-voom emerald sequined  Zuhair Murad dress split before she went onstage to help her Modern Family castmates accept their award for Best Comedy. She tweeted a pic of her exposed…ahem…posterior. Don’t worry that she didn’t enjoy herself, however; later pictures show her crowd surfing and partying with her castmates.

image via VH1

$1375
$2000