$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Hot or Not

Hot
Maxi dresses

These flowing dresses are the perfect update to any girl’s wardrobe. The long skirt elongates any silhouette and is forgiving to bodies that might still be hanging onto extra pounds from the holidays. They come in a variety of prints and styles from tribal Ikats and empire waist styles to cinched waists and stripes. Maxi dresses are excellent transitional pieces; wearers can layer them with a pair of leggings for extra warmth during Ithaca’s chilly spring while adding a cardigan or floaty scarf on top for an urban, street-style look. Once the weather warms up, wearers can lose the leggings and sweater for a more casual look with a pair of flats or sandals.

Lukewarm
Wide-legged jeans

High-waisted, wide-legged jeans reminiscent of Farrah Fawcett in her Charlie’s Angels days are en vogue right now. While the wide-legged trouser style is flattering because it visually lengthens the wearer’s legs, it also means the wearer must wear a pair of heels (preferably a pair of platform espadrille peep toe wedges, in keeping with the ‘70s trend) to prevent hems from dragging on the ground — impractical on Ithaca’s hilly campus. Also, the high-waisted style doesn’t suit all body types, making it hard to pull off without a small waistline.

Not
Jumpsuits

Even though jumpsuits have been advertised as being “one easy piece,” they’re hard to pull off even for the savviest of dressers. First of all, the jumpsuit is one piece but has little sartorial flexibility like the maxi dress as a transitional piece because of its construction. Secondly, wearing pants as a part of one piece of clothing is something better left to babies and firefighters.

$1375
$2000