$1275
$2000

Hot or Not

Hot
The Office

Despite Steve Carell’s imminent exit on “The Office,” it has remained one of the best adaptations of a U.K.-originated show. “The Office” launched the careers of many previously unknown actors such as John Krasinski and Ed Helms, and brought forth a mockumentary genre that NBC has incorporated into several other shows like “Parks and Recreation” and “Outsourced.” Even with its highs and lows, the series has attracted many dedicated fans and has been one of NBC’s most popular shows of all time. It is just as good, if not better, than its British counterpart for being able to live up to the original and stand on its own.

Lukewarm
Dancing with the Stars

While many people admit their lack of coordination — a basic skill required for dancing — it doesn’t stop them from obsessing over the plethora of dance shows. Unbeknownst to many, “Dancing with the Stars” originated from the U.K. show “Strictly Come Dancing.” While the American show brings in celebrities ranging from famous partygoers to daughters of politicians, they too often lack the ability to dance, and the competition generally follows one dominant couple with actual talent. While America’s “Dancing with the Stars” still attracts many viewers, it has done very little recently to improve and revamp its style.

Not
Skins

Disregarding the success of the British original, MTV’s new version of “Skins” disappoints. Though the U.S. version follows the original plot, many critics have labeled it “kiddie porn” and advertisers such as Wrigley, H&R Block and Subway have already dropped their commercial support. And while the U.K. version of “Skins” lets viewers form their own opinion on controversial subjects ranging from drugs to sex, the U.S. version has its own views to push on the viewer. Where the U.K. version succeeds, the U.S. version seems like a mediocre remake of “Degrassi.”

$1275
$2000