$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Images that ‘standalone’ — Oct. 25, 2012

Our photography staff gets featured a ton within our paper, so now let’s feature it even better online. The importance of these photographs is that they are standalone images meant to tell a story that cannot be featured in our newspaper as a full-fledged article. They are important to be noticed and seen.

So, here are some of our special standalones from the week.

Free for friends
Sabrina Knight/The IthacanDorrie Laculli, of Trumansburg, N.Y., peruses bookshelves Monday at the Friends of the Tompkins County Public Library annual fall book sale at 509 Esty St. in Ithaca. The books were free for all educators in Tompkins County on Wednesday, the final day of the sale.

Clip-ons for a cure
Alex Mason/The IthacanFrom left, freshman Marisa Nizzi gets a pink hair extension from Crystal Mullenix, owner of Crystal’s Spa and Salon in Ithaca, in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month at the ManiCURE for Sharsheret program Monday morning in Campus Center.

Keeping in step
Durst Breneiser/The IthacanFrom left, sophomore Andrew Smeriglio watches while juniors Ilana Miller, Kody Crawford and Erica Van Eck perform a routine during a practice for the IC Breakers hip-hop break dancing team Tuesday night in the Fitness Center Gym.

$1495
$2000