$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Installment Fourteen: Kindness

We are taught at a young age to be kind to others. To treat others how we wish to be treated. However, as we age, I have found that kindness wavers and slips from the forefront of our conscience. It is just as easy to be kind as it is to be inconsiderate, yet many choose to ignore small acts of kindness and operate on an individual level. Kindness does not necessitate grandiose gestures or statements, it instead operates on the small scale and is comprised of small, everyday acts. A smile in the hallway, a compliment to a stranger, a friendly farewell. If kindness is so simple, then why do so many people choose to ignore it? I think we are used to anger, to cynicism, and to insincere words. We try to see through facades and have a hard time accepting when one is genuinely kind. Our view needs to change because there are so many individuals who are genuine, who are kind, and who willingly go out of their way to make others happy. Yet we do not see these people because we do not prioritize or seek out kindness. In order to be happy, we must make others happy. Make yourself happy, make others happy. It’s as simple as that.

$1375
$2000