$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

JGL does it up in NYC

Is there anything Joseph Gordon-Levitt can’t do? He’s successfully performed Inception, tackled the complex dialogue of the film-noir homage “Brick” and even came face to face with death (or a really bad set of stitches) while riding a bike [graphic] in New York City. Now, just to top off all his recent success and acclaim, he’s taking the city by storm … with his own gala. A fall formal, of sorts. Music, cinema and the chance for everyone to record it all with their video cameras. It’s a culmination of work inspired by a project that JGL started back in 2005.

In a New York Times blog post, Gordon-Levitt said the event, called the “hitRECord.org Fall Formal,” came out of his collaborations with Internet users he’s asked to work on projects with.

“Rather than working in and amongst the insular Hollywood entertainment industry,” Mr. Gordon-Levitt said, “I wanted to collaborate on the projects that I’m doing with this enormous culture of people online who make great work, whether it’s on their laptop in their bedroom or in their home studio.” —NY Times ArtsBeat Blog

I haven’t the slightest idea what this who shabang is really supposed to be like, but it sounds good to me, JGL. Maybe I’ll try to go … I’m still adamant about the fact that this dude needs to be in a Broadway show at some point in his life.

Read more about hitRECord.org

$1495
$2000