$1260
$2000

Kanye West Collection Debuts at Paris Fashion Week

Kanye West at his debut show during Paris Fashion Week.

Kanye West. I usually associate that name with the music industry and the Taylor Swift VMA debacle. However, Mr. West is now wearing another hat – fashion designer. Obviously, Kanye’s always had  a little bit of a fashion obsession (name-dropping designers like Christian Dior and Gucci in his songs, attending fashion shows and most recently, his sneaker collaboration with Louis Vuitton.) However, Kanye put on a fashion show in typical Kanye fashion – that means a production big enough for his swag and his ego. The front row at the show included celebs like Lindsay Lohan and the Olsen twins. As for the actual collection, I wasn’t incredibly impressed with the clothes themselves – they seemed a little bulky and overtly sensual. But there were a few winners that I think show the potential that Kanye has as a fashion designer. He had plenty of help too – from Kim Jones of Louis Vuitton’s menswear, Louise Goldin and Louise Wilson of  Central Saint Martins. Look below for one of the better designs from the collection:

One of the looks from Kanye’s debut collection.
$1260
$2000