The Natural Wildlife Federation has released college campus case studies for sustainability now available online. It highlights the many sustainable changes Ithaca College has made over the recent years. I thought this was important to share because there is many sustainable actions taking place that I was unaware of until now. So based off of this site, DID YOU KNOW?! …
- In 2007- 2008, the college offered a course on environmental thought
- We have a “positive growth” sustainability initiative
- Our composting saves the college more than $10, 000 per year
- Ithaca owns three reserves under the Ithaca College Natural Lands Committee
- In 2009, the college revealed its plan to reduce kitchen energy bills by 30 percent and reduce its carbon footprint by 26 percent
I didn’t know, but now you do!
Here is the link if you want to compare Ithaca College to other schools throughout the nation.