$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Occupy This: A Playlist for Revolution

%image_alt%With the Occupy Wall Street movement branching out to other municipalities, people are jumping up to get their voices heard. I tend to express myself through the music I listen to so I decided to put together the Top 10 Tracks for Occupation (according to my iTunes). Let me know if I missed any that you think deserve to be included.

1. “Common People”

Pulp

“You’ll never live like common people. You’ll never do whatever common people do. You’ll never fail like common people. You’ll never watch your life slide out of view.”

2. “Paranoid Android”

Radiohead

“When I am king, you will be first against the wall. With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.”

3. “Uprising”

Muse

“Rise up and take the power back, it’s time the fat cats had a heart attack. You know that their time is coming to an end, we have to unify and watch our flag ascend.”

4. “Gold, Guns, Girls”

Metric

“All the gold and the guns in the world couldn’t get you off.”

5. “Sell Yourself”

Cage the Elephant

“Don’t talk about me, let’s talk about you. I know your type, I know exactly what you want to do. And if the money’s right, you think I’ll just agree? So sad to see you torn apart by all your selfish greed.”

6. “Re-Education (Through Labor)”

Rise Against

“I won’t crawl on my knees for you. I won’t believe the lies that hide the truth. I won’t sweat one more drop for you. ‘Cause we are the rust upon your gears. We are the insect in your ears. We crawl all over you.”

7. “The Racing Rats”

Editors

“Words spill from my drunken mouth. I just can’t keep them all in. I keep up with the racing rats, and do my best to win.”

8. “Jesus of Suburbia (I Don’t Care)”

Green Day

“Hearts recycled but never saved, from the cradle always to the grave. We are the kids of war and peace from Anaheim to the Middle East.”

9. “Hunting for Witches”

Bloc Party

“All reasonable thought is being drowned out by the non-stop baying for blood.”

10. “Money for Nothing”

Dire Straits

“Now look at them yo-yo’s, that’s the way you do it. You play the guitar on the M.T.V. That ain’t working, that’s the way you do it. Money for nothing and your chicks for free.”

**Please note that my application of these songs do not necessarily reflect the political ideals of the bands involved.

$1495
$2000