$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag

Hello. Welcome to the new year. For those of you who read Sharp Notes in the past year with anticipation and joy every morning, I’m going to have to apologize. We are now under new management. My name is matt connolly and this year I will be doing my best to offer you criticism, commentary and news on music, past and present. But it is my hope that I can offer more than just a second-rate version of Pitchfork. I believe music means something, whether it’s the pop song played on the hour, every hour all day on the radio or something that you have to dig through the crates of Angry Mom to find. Whether we listen to the lyrics or let the song float uncritically between our ears, the message – rhythm, melody or word – has got to be having some effect, even if it’s just on our heart rate and inner-ear function. Whatever it might be, I want to know what that effect might be. Sharp Notes, then, is an attempt to start a conversation about popular music and what makes us excited.

Much love. Comments are welcome.

Hello. Welcome to the new year. For those of you who read Sharp Notes in the past year with anticipation and joy every morning, I’m going to have to apologize. We are now under new management. My name is matt connolly and this year I will be doing my best to offer you criticism, commentary

$1260
$2000