$1275
$2000

The State of Rock v. “Glee”

%image_alt%This court will now come to order. Yet another rock band has a beef with “Gleek” in Chief Ryan Murphy. This is just the latest in a series of tell-offs by rock bands who refuse to license their music to the teenage musical juggernaut that is “Glee.”

A couple months ago, rockers Kings of Leon turned down Murphy’s opportunity to have their music featured on the immensely popular TV series. The Followill clan cited their fear of “selling out” as their reason for doing so. This didn’t sit right with Murphy who unleashed a profanity-laced declaration while sipping on some serious Haterade. The anything but gleeful (see what I did there?) response developed into a nasty skirmish of words in which both parties said things they probably shouldn’t have. I’ve got to go with my boys in KoL on this one. I don’t want my seven-year-old cousin coming up to me and saying their new favorite song is “Sex On Fire.” Just wrong.

Well now we have Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters/Nirvana/Them Crooked Vultures. He is arguably one of the most respected rockers in the music scene today and not to be messed with. In a recent interview with “The Hollywood Reporter,” Grohl stood by KoL’s decision to refrain from “Glee” licensing.

“The guy who created ‘Glee’ is so offended that we’re not, like, begging to be on his [expletive] show. [Expletive] that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do ‘Glee.’”

Sorry kids, looks like you won’t be hearing any highschoolers belting out “My Hero” anytime soon…

$1275
$2000