$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Traveling in Style

As I write this, I’m sitting in the waiting area of the only terminal at Ithaca Airport, which is notorious for its flaky flights and technical issues. My flight was scheduled to leave in ten minutes, but it looks as though it won’t be leaving for another hour. That being said, all of that extra time is a great way to reevaluate dressing for traveling. Traveling via plane can be a pain, with layovers, delayed flights and the hassle of TSA; outfits need to be functional, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be fashionable. Here are my tips for a stylish trip.

1. Accessorize: A cozy infinity scarf or a fringed pashmina can help you stay warm on chilly flights and provide a chic element to any outfit. Sunglasses are a must for hiding puffy eyes and keeping out the rays at the high altitudes of flights. And a cross body purse or a satchel tote keeps your travel documents within easy access.

2. Footwear: Wear tall flat boots in a deep black or a rich cognac leather to dress up your traveling outfit; the flat sole is practical enough for running to catch your flight, but the tall style instantly ups your cool factor.

3. Grooming: Take a shower before your flight so that you don’t feel gross during a day of traveling; oil blotting sheets are great for controlling oily sheen after a six hour flight; pulling your hair back into a chic top knot can camouflage greasy roots or mussed hair. Remember to use chapstick, carry lotion and  stay hydrated because the recycled air during the flight is incredibly drying.

4. Layers: As always, layers are an excellent idea for any flight. Layering your outfit provides versatility and comfort for a day of traveling in different climates and environments. A good combination is a pair of leggings with a tunic shirt, along with a cardigan, scarf and multi-functional jacket, like a leather bomber. Comfy and cute!

Happy travels!

$1495
$2000