$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Willow Smith’s ‘Whip My Hair’ Video

The video for Willow Smith’s debut single, “Whip My Hair,” premiered on VEVO today and boy is it a piece of work. Willow — daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith — twists, turns and drops some serious dance moves in this thumping thriller of a video. It’s what I would imagine would happen if you put Rihanna, Jay-Z and a young version of Beyoncé in a blender. Not that I’m encouraging placing these pop icons in a blender, it’s just what I think of when I watch it. Sue me.

The song itself is pretty annoying with its constant whiny-sounding “I whip my hair back and forth” refrains … and the video doesn’t exactly go along with the “be yourself, no matter what” message that Willow says it tries to convey, but it will definitely put her on the map if anything.

It’s interesting because I’m assuming very little of this video was actually the product of Willow’s own imagination. That is, unless her imagination is already on the same level as the rest of the producers at Roc Nation. Watch it for yourself below.

Thoughts? Is Willow grooming herself to be something of a Ri-Ri for the little ones? Stay tuned…

$1375
$2000