$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Grammy Fashion 2012

The Grammys were a night of triumph for many (Adele, anyone? Also, Kanye who was MIA – probably for the better, so he couldn’t enrage all the T. Swift fans out there..) but what was really triumphant was the fashion.

Grammy winner of the night Adele was positively radiant in custom Armani Prive, red lips and new blonde locks; in fact, Mr. Armani proved that his classic, understated style was strong with Rhianna’s custom made creation as well, with a plunging neckline to there and a slit up to here.

In fact, most of the night’s looks were tasteful gowns and dresses  – even Katy Perry, with her blueberry colored updo, accentuated her hair with a mellow pastel blue Elie Saab in a classic (dare I say, conservative?) dress. One exception was Fergie, whose bright orange, lace and black underwear Gaultier body con dress made me cringe – too loud, too much skin and too busy. Sorry Fergie, but this dress was not Fergilicious.

Lady Gaga showed us the money in a custom Chanel creation, using fishnet aand latex – two materials I never really expected to hear in association with Chanel, but I trust Karl’s judgment on this one, especially since Gaga won the CFDA award last year.

However, since Gaga didn’t arrive in an egg this year, it was up to someone else to bring the theatrics, which I think goes to Nicki Minaj in a Versace “Handmaiden’s Tale” meets Little Red Riding Hood get-up.

Overall, the Grammys proved to be a night of spectacular dressing for both ennds of the sartorial spectrum.