•  

September 26, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

4th Annual Winter Recess Fiber Arts Festival

Linda Schwab of Glebe Farm makes wool figurine birds, sheep and rams. Eva Broadway, a luthier from Lansing, New York, offers both her repair services for string instruments and handmade necklaces and earrings during the Fiber Arts Festival. Felt artist Cheryl Germain’s tiny fabric figures stand on display. Germain uses a variety of materials in her art, including mohair and alpaca wool. Felt earrings for sale from Felt Goods! Cheryl Germain’s colorful felt bracelets were some of the many handcrafted products available for purchase during the Fiber Arts Festival. Zeus, a male llama, made an appearance during the festival. Believe it or not, the handsome 
animal was featured in the quirky, Feb. 18 Vogue photospread, “Llamas and Pajamas!” A painted spinning wheel from the Fiber Arts Showcase. Margaret Flowers, from Trinity Farm, an Aurora, New York–based sheep farm,  uses a spinning wheel to make 
hand-spun yarns. Trinity Farm uses its Icelandic and Shetland sheep to produce fleece and sheep’s milk soaps. A decorative unicorn and rider next to the Knit Buffalo stand. Handpainted wool from the Windsong Farm.
<
>
Margaret Flowers, from Trinity Farm, an Aurora, New York–based sheep farm, uses a spinning wheel to make hand-spun yarns. Trinity Farm uses its Icelandic and Shetland sheep to produce fleece and sheep’s milk soaps.