•  

November 22, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

Follow the Rainbow: Students celebrate Coming Out Day

Several students carried creative signs like this one held by sophomore Erin Kohler. Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan A group of Ithaca College students participated in Spectrum’s Pride Parade, 
wearing bow ties and ribbons to show their support for National Coming Out Day. Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan Ithaca College’s LGBT clubs joined with members of the community for their second annual Pride Parade on Oct. 11. The group gathered on the Academic Quad before marching around campus. Participants included members of the college’s LGBT community and their friends. Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan From left, sophomores Talia Skolnik and 
Erin Kohler join Spectrum’s Pride Parade.
Lauren Ruth/The Ithacan Sophomore Kelly Meehan gets her face painted to celebrate National Coming Out Day. Many students painted their faces to show their pride. Lauren Ruth/The Ithacan Freshman Ariella Ranz wore a rainbow flag as a cape for the parade. Many
students got festive by using body paints, tie-dyed shirts and creative hairstyles. Olivia Manderville
<
>
Ithaca College’s LGBT clubs joined with members of the community for their second annual Pride Parade on Oct. 11. The group gathered on the Academic Quad before marching around campus. Participants included members of the college’s LGBT community and their friends. Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan

Ithaca College’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender clubs came together for their second annual Pride Parade on the Academic Quad on Oct. 11. The event celebrated National Coming Out Day and the beginning of LGBT History Month, which is celebrated during the month of October by honoring significant figures in the gay rights movement. Many students dressed in rainbow attire, and a rainbow flag was raised on the Academic Quad flagpole in honor of the parade. Several people painted their faces and made signs to show their pride. The group rallied together by the  Campus Center, then marched through campus.