•  

November 21, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

IC Voicestream holds concert for Planned Parenthood

Coed a cappella group IC Voicestream held its Block III concert Feb. 11. The “Pinkout” theme was made to create awareness about Planned Parenthood, and the group donated a portion of its profits from the show to Planned Parenthood to show its support.

Sophomore Lucy Gladstone singing "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons to benefit Planned Parenthood. Sophomore Nicholas Dell'Amore belts out the lyrics to pop track "Bloodstream," the latest single from Ed Sheeran at the Pinkout event. Freshman Kaitlyn Jackson leads "Freedom" by Beyoncé on Saturday night in Emerson Suites. Sophomore Lawrence Bierria is surrounded by vocalists during the Secret Serenade portion of the evening. The group performed “Can’t Take my Eyes Off You” by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Sophomore Cara Harbinger belts out “Drowning“ by BANKS at the event at 7:30 p.m. in the Emerson Suites.  Singing "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia, sophomore Alexa Flinker takes center stage. Sophomore Juwan Bennett and the group beatbox to an audience of  about 110 people. All donations were given to Planned Parenthood. President of IC Voicestream Senior Ian Stone sings a solo from "Brother" by IC Voicestream held  a charity concert  for Planned Parenthood  at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13  in the Emerson Suites. Sophomore Laurel Albinder belts a cover of "Rise Up" by Audra Day to raise money for Planned Parenthood.
<
>
Sophomore Lawrence Bierria is surrounded by vocalists during the Secret Serenade portion of the evening. The group performed “Can’t Take my Eyes Off You” by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

Photos by SAM FULLER/ THE ITHACAN