•  

December 14, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

Life is ruff at annual Ithaca Dog Fest

Ithaca Dog Fest was held on Sept. 23 in Cass Park. Dog owners and dog lovers alike attended the festival to browse vendor tents, meet adoptable dogs and most importantly, pet local canine friends. The festival, hosted by Bo’s Bones Gourmet Organic Dog Biscuits, is an annual event to connect canine rescue groups with potential adopters.

Shetland sheepdogs Greta, Ditto, Bailey, Heidi and Harley pose for their owner, Amy, at the entrance of Dog Fest. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN Golden Retriever puppy Jeter greets new friends Harley Mackenzie and Billy Johnson with his owner Jeremy Sears. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN Lilly and her owner Dawn pose together at Dogfest in Cass Park. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN A group of keeshonds sit by Becky and Kim of KARMA Rescue. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN Bruce the pug shops for sweaters with his owner to survive the harsh Ithaca winters. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN Dee from Horseheads Community Animal Shelter sits with Michael and Chip, a mutt up for adoption. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN Rocco the basset hound visits Dog Fest on Sept. 23. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN
<
>
Shetland sheepdogs Greta, Ditto, Bailey, Heidi and Harley pose for their owner, Amy, at the entrance of Dog Fest. SAM RICKETT/THE ITHACAN

Connor Lange can be reached at clange1@ithaca.edu or via Twitter: @clangephoto

Meaghan McElroy can be reached at mmcelroy@ithaca.edu or via Twitter: @meaghan_mcelroy