•  

November 24, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

Snapshots of Ithaca College move-in day

Students and their families run from the rain while checking in at the Athletics and Events center for move-in day Aug. 21.

Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan From left, juniors Justin Le and Josie Cyrus, both resident assistants, help check in freshmen on move-in day.

"It's really exciting to be in new buildings with new residents — it's a new challenge," Le said.

"I like meeting everyone when they come in," Cyrus said.

Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan Heavy rains did not hamper the move-in process, resident director Concetta D'Alessio, left, said. 

"It's been running pretty smooth today despite the rain," she said.

"I'm not loving the rain," sophomore Shane Reynolds, right, said. "I brought an umbrella, but I don't think that's going to be enough."

Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan Student volunteers help freshmen move into their dorms in the Lower Quads on move-in day.

Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan Incoming freshman Jonathan Russo, third from left, said he is ready for the fresh start.

"It's a little stressful, but it's been pretty good," he said. "I'm excited to start classes and get in a new environment."

"I'm so proud of my son and so excited for him," his mother, Anna Russo, said.

Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan
<
>
Heavy rains did not hamper the move-in process, resident director Concetta D'Alessio, left, said. "It's been running pretty smooth today despite the rain," she said. "I'm not loving the rain," sophomore Shane Reynolds, right, said. "I brought an umbrella, but I don't think that's going to be enough." Jade Cardichon/The Ithacan