•  

July 22, 2018   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

Winter Wonderland Slideshow

The hill by Boothroyd Hall was used as a ski slope for students on campus. A tow rope at the bottom of the hill for skiers to hold onto took them up past what is now J-Lot behind the Towers residence halls. Courtesy of C. Hadley Smith Students used the ski slope on campus during winter afternoons. It was created and operated by students, but closed in the 1970s. Courtesy of C. Hadley Smith Skiers held onto a tow rope powred by a car engine as they were pulled back to the top of the campus's ski slope. Courtesy of C. Hadley Smith Former Ithaca College president Howard Dillingham and his wife Dorothy Hoyt Dillingham went for a ride on an old-fashioned snowmobile on campus during the winter of 1964. Courtesy of C. Hadley Smith The pond behind Muller Chapel was used for ice skating and ice hockey when it froze over. People would spend the day on the ice in the winter of 1964. Courtesy of C. hadley Smith
<
>
The hill by Boothroyd Hall was used as a ski slope for students on campus. A tow rope at the bottom of the hill for skiers to hold onto took them up past what is now J-Lot behind the Towers residence halls. Courtesy of C. Hadley Smith

Ithaca College community members have enjoyed the snowy campus since its founding.