$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

IC Tap Club hosts first showcase in five years

Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson
Sophomore Lizelle Hill poses in the middle of the opening to a hip hop routine to “THE Dynasty” choreographed by sophomore Irena Rosenberg and performed by members of the Ithaca College Pulse Hip Hop dance group on March 24 in the Emerson Suites.

For the first time since 2018, the Ithaca College Tap Club put on a showcase in the Emerson Suites on March 24. Collaborating with several other dance clubs on campus including IC Unbound, Pulse Hip Hop, Katalyst K-Pop Dance and IC Ballroom, the showcase featured tap, hip-hop, contemporary and many other styles of dance. 

From left, IC Tap co-president senior Lauren Schmit and co-chair of performance sophomore Ethan Beaulac perform a tap dance routine to “Only You” choreographed by sophomore Kristen Johnson. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan
From left, sophomore Brianna Bownas, senior Julia Kazmierczak, junior Madeleine Jimenez and senior Abigail Stengel perform to the song “California Dreamin’” on March 24 in the Emerson Suites. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan

From left, sophomore Irena Rosenberg and junior Brianna Warrant perform a routine to “When Doves Cry” choreographed by the IC Unbound executive board. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan
From left, sophomore Safara Vaché, senior Aida Niang and sophomore Laura Arias Montas dance to “Tap In” choreographed by sophomores Ethan Beaulac and Irena Rosenberg. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan
IC Tap Club co-president sophomore Amanda Kielty choreographed a tap routine to “No Sweat” for the IC Tap In showcase on March 24. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan

Senior Mark Gregory kicks their leg in the air and holds a basketball during a tap dance routine to “Get’cha Head in the Game” from “High School Musical,” choreographed by Ethan Beaulac. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan

Members of the IC Defy dance company perform a contemporary piece to the song “California Dreamin’.” Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan

From left, juniors Vanivy Delaney and Anne Culbert perform a ballroom dance routine to “Espana Cani” during the IC Tap In showcase March 24. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan

IC Tap Club is a non-audition, no-experience-necessary dance group and encourages beginners to join and try tap dancing for the first time. Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson/The Ithacan

$1375
$2000