$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Business School Trading Room to celebrate 20th anniversary

Alex Rosen/The Ithacan
The Trading Room, founded in 1995, will celebrate its 20th anniversary 9:30 a.m. Sept. 26 on the second floor of the Dorothy D. and Roy H. Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise.

The School of Business will hold a 20th anniversary celebration for the Center for Trading and Analysis of Financial Instruments at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 26 on the second floor of the Dorothy D. and Roy H. Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise.

Students who attend will get the opportunity to hear accounts from almost 40 alumni in the CTAFI. Attendees will also acknowledge and celebrate the efforts of professor and Board Director Abraham Mulugetta, founder of the Trading Room in 1995.

Jason Muenzen, the director of the investment program, likened the room to a textbook.

“It’s a tool used in class, just like a live book or [an] active curriculum,” he said.

Muenzen explained the importance of the Trading Room as a means to “link the [finance] industry with the learning.”

The Trading Room is a place where students handle nearly $800,000 of real, alumni-donated money with real-time market information and news, Muenzen said.

Mulugetta said he created the CTAFI so students could apply what they learned in the classroom to real-world financial situations. The first of its kind, the Trading Room has a live ticker, a realtime fund and access to the same exact information found in the New York Stock Exchange.

Muenzen encourages students of all majors to attend. He said the event will be a great way for students to “discover the power that the Trading Room has.”

$1375
$2000