$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College announces changes to Fall 2023 academic calendar

Illustration by Ariana Gonzalez Villarreal/The Ithacan

The Ithaca College Academic Calendar Committee and the Office of the Provost announced changes to the Fall 2023 calendar Oct. 31 in an Intercom post, but there are no changes to the Spring 2024 calendar.

The first day of Fall 2023 classes will be Aug. 23 instead of Aug. 21. This change will allow faculty five weekdays before classes start to attend retreats and trainings and to engage with students during orientation, move in and convocation. The first day of classes will be on a Wednesday and classes will maintain a normal Wednesday schedule.

However, despite the change in start date, the last day to add or drop a class for the fall semester is a day earlier, Aug. 27 rather than Aug. 28, like it was for Fall 2022.

The shift in the day classes start has also altered some important dates throughout Fall 2023.

The Monday class schedule will be held Sept. 6, which is a Wednesday. This means after the Labor Day holiday, Monday classes will be made up for that Wednesday instead of a normal Wednesday schedule.

Fall 2023 Block I classes will end Oct. 16 — which is after Fall Break on Oct. 12 and 13. This is a shift from Fall 2022, when Block I classes ended Oct. 9 before Fall Break began. Fall 2023 Block II Classes will begin Oct. 18. This is a change from Oct. 16.

Fall 2023 final exams will end at 10 p.m. Dec. 15. This is a shift from Dec. 13. Final grades are due at 5 p.m. Dec. 21, which is a change from the Fall 2022 deadline Dec. 20.

$1495
$2000