$1260
$2000

College announces search committee members for dean positions

Ash Bailot/The Ithacan
Melanie Stein, former dean for the School of Humanities and Sciences, has been named provost of Ithaca College.

Ithaca College has announced the members of the search committees for the three open dean positions. 

The committees will be assisted by associates from the search firm WittKieffer, interim provost Melanie Stein said in a campus-wide email Nov. 11. The college has partnered with the firm for dean searches in the past.

There are currently four interim deans out of the five schools at the college: Jack Powers in the Roy H. Park School of Communications, Alka Bramhandkar in the School of Business, Ivy Walz in the School of Music and Claire Gleitman, who is the interim dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences while Stein is interim provost . However, there will only be three searches. Stein is the dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences, but took on the position of interim provost after La Jerne Cornish was named interim president for the 2021–22 academic year. 

At the Oct. 5 State of the College meeting, Stein said the search committee chairs have all been appointed. Jack Bryant, associate professor and program director of the Department of Media Arts, Sciences and Studies, will chair the dean search for the School of Communications; Christine Bataille, associate professor and chair of the Department of Management, will chair the dean search for the School of Business; and Chrystyna Dail, associate professor in the Department of Theatre Arts, and James Mick, associate professor in the Department of Music Education, are co–chairing the dean search for the new combination of music and theatre arts. 

The search committee for the dean of the School of Business will include: Bataille, Wonyul Bae, associate professor in the Department of Sport Management; Marie Blouin, professor in the Department of Accounting and Business Law; Fatima Hajjat, assistant professor in the Department of Marketing; Xinxin Li, assistant professor in the Department of Finance and International Business; David Brown, professor in the Department of Mathematics; Dennis Charsky, associate professor in the Department of Strategic Communication; Sean Linfors, assistant professor in the Department of Music Education; Katy Hall academic services coordinator for the School of Business; Paul Hesler, director of Principal Gifts, Philanthropy and Engagement; junior Austin Ruffino, a business administration major; and Christina Moylan, associate provost for graduate and professional studies. 

The search committee for the dean of the School of Communications will include: Powers, Steve Gordon, associate professor in the Department of Media Arts, Sciences and Studies; Mehreen Khalid, assistant professor in the Department of Media Arts, Sciences and Studies: Mead Loop, professor in the Department of Journalism; Yvette Sterbenk, assistant professor in the Department of Strategic Communication; Scott Erickson, professor in the Department of  Marketing; Doug Turnbull, associate professor in the Department of Computer Science; Nigel Martin, director of Technical Operations for the Park School of Communications; Megan Panek, associate vice president for the division of Philanthropy and Engagement; junior Alison True, cinema and photography major; and Brad Hougham, associate provost for Faculty Affairs. 

Bryant said he was looking forward to working with the search committee. 

“I can’t speak to the committees for the other schools, but I think the Park Dean Search has a strong committee and I look forward to working with them,” Bryant said. 

The search committee for the dean of the School of Music and Theatre will include: Dail, Mick, Les Black, associate professor in the Department of Music Theory, History, and Composition; Mike Caporizzo, assistant professor in the Department of Music Performance; David Earll, assistant professor in the Department of Music Performance; Cynthia Henderson, professor in the Department of Theatre Arts; Kathleen Mulligan, professor in the Department of Theatre Arts; Ian Woods, associate professor in the Department of Biology; Becky Jordan, music ensemble and Kinyon Music Collection manager for the School of Music; Mary Scheidegger, coordinator of theatre operations for the Department of Theatre Arts; Quincy Davidson, associate vice president for the division of Philanthropy and Engagement; junior Daniel Hewson, theatre production and design major; freshman Vincent Tavernese, a music education and trumpet major; and Jeane Copenhaver-Johnson, associate provost for Academic Programs. 

$1260
$2000