$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College employee dies of cancer

Linda Everett, business operations specialist for Web, systems and departmental services, died Saturday night after a battle with cancer.

Everett died of cancer Saturday. Courtesy of David Weil

Everett, who began working at Ithaca College in 1990, was known as optimistic and hard-working, said David Weil, director of Web, systems and departmental services.

“I think the thing that’ll stick with me is the way she faced her disease,” Weil said. “[She was] just so positive.”
Everett, who was diagnosed in March 2006, volunteered often, said Irene Scott, coordinator of desktop technology acquisitions for Web, systems and departmental services.

“She was just known for this giving of herself and her time,” she said.

Beth Rugg, manager of user support services for technology and instructional support services, said Everett had a “heart of gold” and worked with the college’s Caring and Sharing Committee.

Rugg said Everett would be remembered for her sunny outlook on life, even in the face of adversity.

“She exemplified courage and just fought it with everything she had in her,” Rugg said.

Calling hours and a funeral service were held yesterday at the Royce-Chedzoy Funeral Home in Everett’s hometown of Watkins Glen, N.Y.

$1375
$2000