$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College to hold employee benefits event series

The Office of Human Resources is sponsoring an “IC Benefits Experience,” an event to discuss employee benefits currently offered to faculty and staff at Ithaca College, tomorrow

The event, which has a Hollywood theme, will take place throughout the day with sessions at 8:30 a.m., noon, 3 and 10:30 p.m.

Mark Coldren, associate vice president of human resources, said the event is an attempt to invite college faculty and staff to have fun while discussing the college’s current benefits and plans for the future.

“This is just the start of a long progress in which we hope to share a lot more information and education on how the college spends benefits for faculty and staff,” Coldren said. “Looking at priorities for the future is good too, but if we can get a good number of faculty and staff attending Thursday, that’s going to help us, because the more people know about where the benefits are now and the direction they are heading, the better it’s going to be.”

Coldren said the “IC Benefits Experience” was not planned in response to of The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” survey, which did not include Ithaca College.

The event will outline the budget of the college, look at what is being done for employees at other colleges and universities, track trends and give employees an opportunity to offer their feedback, he said.

COLDRON said he hopes to receive the feedback of college employees.

There are no plans for “IC Benefits Experience” to become a series of regular events, Coldren said, but he encourages college employees to feel free to reach out to human resources on an individual basis.

“We will continue to provide more information and education about how we’re spending and what our possible choices are for the future in any opportunity that we get to work with faculty and staff,” Coldren said.

$1495
$2000