$1275
$2000

Committee begins search for president

The Ithaca College Board of Trustees announced Monday the selection of seven trustees, three faculty members, one senior level administrator, one staff member and one student to serve on the presidential search committee.
The committee will be chaired by C. William Schwab ’68, chair of the board of trustees.

“It’s a very exciting time for the college right now,” he said. “We have a responsibility to the future of the entire college.”

Other committee members include trustees Larry Alleva ’71, George Pine ’72, Susan Pervi, Susan Scanlon ’71, Michael Serventi ’72 and Ralph Siciliano ’72; Hugh Egan, professor of English; John Sigg, associate professor and chair for exercise and sport sciences; Susan Swensen, associate professor of biology; Art Ostrander, dean of the School of Music; Margie Malepe, associate director of conference and event services; and senior Monica Marcenko.

Marcenko said she is excited about the search and hopes to represent the student body accurately.

“I am always looking for feedback and input from students,” she said.

The committee will hold open sessions between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. today in the Klingenstein Lounge and Emerson Suites C.

The group’s first official meeting is Oct. 10.

$1275
$2000